Today I wanted to share my gym essentials. These are the items that I keep in my gym bag and never take out! There aren’t many because I don’t want my bag to be too heavy but these few items are truly essentials and I recommend you get them!
Pictured (Gym Essentials) :
- Resistance Bands
- Necessary for leg day to do activation exercises and great for working out on the go (check out my Instagram: @worldmywayy for workout videos)
- Deodorant and body spray
- These two items are obviously necessary for personal hygiene. I recommend you use a aluminum-free deodorant before working out and anybody mist-spray after working out (Pro tip: Never put perfume on before your workout because it gets an extremely stinky smell when combined with sweat).
- Water Bottle
- Affordable Wireless Headphones
- For the longest time I thought wireless headphone were dumb and unnecessary but I was so wrong! The main reason I hadn’t purchased them earlier was because I thought that all the good ones were extremely expensive but then my friend recommended these from Amazon and they literally changed my life. Those are the exact ones that I use and they’re comfy, don’t fall out of my ears, aren’t heavy, I only charge them once every two weeks, and were very cheap! You never know what you’re missing until you experience it, and now that I see how much easier it is to workout with wireless headphones, I am never going back!
- Ankle Strap
- I highly recommend doing cable kickbacks on your leg/booty day as they are great for shaping the glutes. Some gyms provide them but most do not. My gym didn’t have an ankle strap attachment for the cable machine so I purchased this one from Amazon
Other useful products not pictured above:
- Dry Shampoo
- Compact Towel
- Personally, I don’t use one but many do. Although, I do carry this towel that shrinks and enlargens for just in case because it is so compact.
- Baby Wipes
- This is my favourite way to freshen up after the gym if I don’t have time to take a shower and I’m not going home right away.
- Pull-up resistance bands
- The easiest way to get your first pullup is by using resistance bands, so I really recommend you get one.
- Barbell Pad
- Once again, some gyms may have a barbell bad but mine doesn’t so I’ve just been using mats in between myself and the barbell. It is so much easier doing hip thrusts when you have the barbell pad so if you have space in your gym bag, this is also definitely an essential.
- Weighted Speed Skipping Rope
There are affiliate links used (to Amazon because I like cheap good quality things and that’s where I get all my things 🙂 So I would really appreciate if you use my links if you would like to purchase any of these items so that I can continue making free content for you!
That concludes my list of what I always have in my gymbag!
Comment, what are your gym essentials?